Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thrift Shop Finds!

Pin It
Last weekend Keith was out and about when he found a newly opened thrift shop. Of course he had to stop and investigate. What he found was a gem of a place with lots of treasure inside at reasonable prices. We were in need of new bedroom furniture for the twins. I even reminded him before he left that if he found a decent dresser for a reasonable amount to buy it. Well folks he found a great deal!  He came home with a nice dresser and chest of drawers made out of real wood for a whopping $15 each!  Someone had been working on these pieces as projects because one was already stripped down to the bare wood but the other one still has the ugly yellow stain on it. My plan is to finish stripping the remaining one and painting them to match the kids decor.  These are the before pictures and I will post how it looks after we are finished with it. 

Dresser already stripped.
Chest of drawers that still need stripping. 

7 comments:

  1. Looks great, I love good buys at thrift stores. I'm thoroughly disappointed with our local goodwill which had a dresser similar to that which they were trying to get $200 for. I could buy a new one for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I thought it was an amazing deal and to add to the price they are REAL WOOD! He said that they have plenty of other items in the store and I am dying to go visit. I have found that our local Goodwill does up their prices on furniture and that a majority of the time the furniture would be cheaper if bought new. Since you are saying the same thing it must be one of their policies.

      Delete
  2. Thrift stores- ya gotta love 'em! Goodwill is no longer a place to go for anything around here; they're more expensive than the Walmart just 5 mins away. You got a great deal w/those dressers, enjoy. BB2U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BB you are right. Goodwill is getting too expensive. They have to pay for all of those commercials on tv now. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. That looks like an awesome project! I just wanted you to know that I have nomintated you for the Liebster Blog Award. This is for blogs with 200 followers or less. Check out the information about this award on my blog:

    http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/03/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hy, your blog is very interesting, I love it. Kisses from Spain.

    http://redecoratelg.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog via BUBBLEWS! I love visiting THRIFT stores. Perhaps they are second-hand shops as we say in the UK. Thanks for an interesting blog.

    ReplyDelete